Glories of Greece (Winter 2018-19)
Additional Included Highlights
- Athens: See Hadrian's Arch and the Temple of Zeus.
- Corinth Canal: Cross the amazing rock-cut channel dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece.
- Olympia: Join a local chef and savour the regional specialties in a fun, exciting introduction to Greek cooking.
- Athens: Toast the culmination of your journey in true Greek tradition at a lively Celebration Dinner with wine.
- Dining Summary: 6 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 2 Three-course Dinners or Buffets (D) and 1 Signature Evening (SE) all with tea or coffee; plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) both with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century BC, as well as the smaller Temple of Athena Nike and the ‘Porch of the Maidens.’
- Meteora: With a Local Expert, visit one of the remarkable centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock and arguably the most spectacular place to visit in Greece.
- Delphi: With your Local Expert, walk to The Sacred Way once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where the people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal beehive-tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, while hearing tales of Agamemnon from your Local Expert.
- Mycenae: Meet the artisans of a family-run pottery studio and learn about their unique traditional methods.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Athens: The Divani Caravel is a luxury hotel situated in the heart of Athens. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, it epitomises refinement, elegance and exceptional service.
- Nafplio: Nafplia Palace is located on the slope of the ancient fortress of Akronafplia. It offers rooms with views of the Argolic Bay and spacious private balconies overlooking Nafplio and the Bourtzi island fort.
- Olympia: At the Antonios Hotel, the emphasis is on a comfortable and cosy stay. Take advantage of the discreet service and tranquil atmosphere. Rooms are functional and offer all the essential comforts.
- Delphi: The Amalia Hotel is located within walking distance from the famous attractions of Delphi, such as the Archaeological Museum, the temple of Apollo and the Castalia Fountain.
- Kalambaka: The Divani Meteroa is surrounded by the majestic, towering rocks known as Meteora, in the charming village of Kalambaka.
Top Rated Highlights
- Thermopylae: See the Leonidas Monument dedicated to the brave warrior and his 300 Spartans.
- Olympia: The stadium of Olympia hosted the ancient Olympic Games and the Heraia, the women's games in honour of Hera. See the Temple of Zeus, athlete's gymnasium and the stone marker where the sprint began.